Following the Government announcement that all legal restrictions will be removed from 19th July, we set out below details of how we will work from that date.
Feedback from our clients suggests many are still uncomfortable or anxious about venturing into public spaces. As such, we will continue to operate with most of the infection control procedures which have been in place for the last year.
- Our staff will continue to wear face masks and other PPE in line with guidance from our professional bodies and the NHS for as long as this is deemed necessary;
- All our staff will continue to carry out covid tests twice weekly;
- We will continue to clean all surfaces and equipment between clients, in addition to fully sanitising every frame that is tried on;
- All visits will be by scheduled appointment only in order to control the flow of clients and allow for a degree of social distancing;
- We will continue to use clinical grade air purification and screens remain in place where distancing isn’t possible;
- We will ask that all clients wear face covering for the duration of your visit – we recognise that this is no longer a legal requirement but hope that, with Covid infection rates still climbing, you will respect that this is for your own benefit as well as ours.
If you have any questions or comments on the above, we’ll be happy to receive them – use the live chat option or email us: email@example.com
- We cannot see patients who are showing any symptoms of covid-19 or in an affected household;
- We are able to offer NHS and Private examinations at present, but the new way of working requires that we assess you using our in-depth retinal scanner (O.C.T.) at an additional fee of £20 for NHS patients;
- Our private fee for an in-depth examination is £49.50;
- If you are a contact lens wearer and overdue an aftercare appointment, you can call us now to book this in.